CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Time to Love Well

The time has finally come for 30 of us, and irregardless of whether you are one of the 30 or not, the time has come for you, too. This weekend 30 ladies from LifeSong and other areas are trekking up the mountain to Pigeon Forge for a weekend retreat entitled "Loving Well". Just reading the title challenges me. Who doesn't want to love well? I think most of us do, as do I believe most of us think it's simple to just say, "I love you" and that should mean we are loving well. Oh, how I wish it were that simple! Loving well is a complicated thing to do, and I think we oftentimes complicate it by simplifying it! Whew! That might have just confused me! In essence, what I am saying is that it's never just enough to say, "I love you". There are actions involved and choices to be made. There are some unlovely people out there and yet God has commanded us to love even them!
This weekend, we will be challenged. If you are going on this trip thinking it will be smooth sailing, then go back, do a re-check and make sure that you brought your thickest pair of shoes. Our toes are going to be stepped on. Just thinking about it makes my heart race. I feel as though, for me, I am personally in great need of a good toe stomping. I want to meet face to face with my Lord this weekend and have His Holy Spirit fill me up and challenge me. I encourage you to prepare your hearts. Satan wants to get all over us this weekend, but let's not give him the upperhand. Spend time now with Jesus, so that when we gather to worship Him this weekend, our worship will be an overflow of some time well spent with Him. It doesn't matter how much preparation has been done to choose the right location, the right topic, the right songs to sing, the right food to eat, or clothes to bring. None of that matters if we come loaded up with unconfessed sin. Clean up now, so that your worship this weekend will be like no other time in your life!

For those reading this not going with us, please pray for us. Pray for safety in traveling, for health of those attending, and for every aspect of the weekend to go smoothly. We need you interceding on our behalf. Most importantly, pray for those that going on this weekend could be the difference maker in their lives...whether it be the difference in spending eternity in heaven or hell, the difference in their marriages, their friendships or just even continuing on this journey for another day. Each person coming brings something different and needs the Lord to meet them there in a different way. We truly covet your prayers.
We desire to glorify our Lord Jesus this weekend. Father, may it be all about YOU and nothing to do with ME!

No comments: