CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Jennifer

Today, we continue getting to know the rest of the Aroma Team. Join me today and meet Jennifer Greene. I met Jennifer about 2 years ago, I think it was. My husband, Jeff, had visited her husband, Jeff, and became fast friends with him. They began attending the church where my husband was pastoring. It really wasn't until we began LifeSong, however, that I got to know Jennifer more. All of us in the core group of LifeSong were a part of watching Jennifer's tummy expand with who we now know as Brady! Each week we bombarded her with questions of "how much longer until he comes?" "Will your shoes fit you much longer?" "What are you craving this week?" And so on and so forth. We surprised her with a diaper shower and one of her favorite meals one night at housechurch, all of us very excited to watch Jen become a first time Mommy!
It has been a journey we've taken with Jen, and one that has led her personally to see a calling God has put on her life to invest in the lives of other moms. In her own personal journey to discovering it is that God wants her to be as a Mom, she takes other moms along for the ride and spices things up for us a little. Thanks to Jen, we have 24:7 Moms, where we can get together for a little Mom time, go to the park, enjoy parties together with our kids, or share ideas we implement for raising Godly kids. Jen is not afraid to extend herself outside the walls of the church and invite unchurched moms to come and hang out with us, and she is always willing to make sure that when a mom in our church has a need, that the need is filled. When we have a new addition arrive within our church family, you can be sure that you will receive a call from Jen scheduling meals to be delivered to your home so you can enjoy time with your newborn. She heads up that ministry for us and does an exceptional job.
Jen has been a good friend to me. My favorite thing to talk about with Jen is COUPONS! She and I share a love for saving a penny. Right now, I have her beat because I saved so much one day at the grocery store that I crashed their system and Jen all but gave me a trophy! Her day is coming, though, when she'll probably pay $5 for a whole cart of groceries. Hey, it's like a sport to us! For me, it's nice to have another woman, mom, friend that takes pleasure in the simple things, like clipping a really great coupon.
I hope you take time to get to know Jen. She really does care about you and wants to see you Moms take a little time for YOU, so join her for the next 24:7 Moms event she plans. You are sure to walk away with a little more peace than you started the day with.
Jen is wife to Jeff, mom to Brady, and one of the best cupcake bakers ever. She desires to follow Jesus and without a doubt, she will beat herself up if she doesn't do her very best at anything she puts her hands to. Thanks, Jen, for giving everything your all!

No comments: