CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bonnie "Guesstures" Moody

(Read the post below before reading this)

There is a reason for calling Bonnie "Guesstures." Just recently, on retreat, Bonnie surprised us all for her keen "Guesstures" playing skills. Her skill at the game truly points to how I feel about Bonnie. She always keeps me guessing! She is full of surprises in the way that her talents are endless, and her giftedness always apt to grow stronger and be added to. She is a woman's woman. Women just want to be like her!
Bonnie holds a very dear place in my heart. I can almost remember the day that I met her. I actually met her at our former church, but I didn't really "know" her then. When God began to do a work in our hearts to begin LifeSong, we met in our home with about 26 other people, two of which were Bonnie and her husband, Eric. I always admired Bonnie, but first I have to admit it was all vanity. I just love the way that Bonnie dresses! She has got some style going on! I just couldn't wait to see what she came to Housechurch wearing next! My other impression of Bonnie is that she was a fellow coffee queen. I love me some people that appreciate a good cup of Joe. Bonnie shared with me several months ago that our coffee at Housechurch always kept her coming back. I shared my Venezuelan stash with everyone, and apparently that was God's will because it kept Bonnie coming back.

My heart has always been bent toward Bonnie. Immediately, when we wanted someone to lead ladies in a fellowship ministry, Bonnie popped in my mind. She loves to serve others, hang out with people, and has a tremendous gift for hospitality! Thus, we began our Sweet Monday ministry, which is now known as Monday Mingle. Every first Monday of the month, we meet at Bonnie's home for pure fellowship. No one has ever walked away unhappy. She always does a super job.
However much of a fan of Bonnie I am, no one recently has impacted my life as much as she! She is a pure example of how our God takes a person and puts them right where He wants them to be, right at the right time! God used Bonnie's heart for Sweet Monday to get her listening to His voice. When it came time to meet for a new Bible study about this time last year, Bonnie ended up in my small group discussion. No sooner had we sat down did she look at me and say, "I need to be led to the Lord!" What? I never imagined such a sweeter moment in all my life. God had brought Bonnie to LifeSong, put her in an actual place of service, only to lead her to her Maker.
Never in all my life have I been so blessed to pray someone to the feet of Jesus, that He would walk straight into her heart. As Sarah Davenport and I began to pray and talk with Bonnie, it was abundantly clear that she did not feel she had truly accepted Christ years and years ago, and that that very day we were in Bible study would be her day of salvation...the difference maker in her life! So, in that very moment, she bowed her head, and in her very own words begged for Jesus to come inhabit her heart. Since then, Bonnie has been even more "full steam ahead." She loves to do whatever it takes to see women, and all people, changed for His glory. She never whines, complains, wishes she were somewhere different. She always goes the extra mile, without ever being asked. Aside from leading Monday Mingle, she always has a hand in organizing any details to make things beautiful for our gatherings, she manages our money and whatever else is asked of her.
Bonnie is married to Eric. They live in Reidville and have two very spunky dogs. She crochets, gardens, quilts, shops like a superstar, and is a true friend. I am honored to have Bonnie on the Aroma Team, but especially my dear friend.

No comments: