CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Shout out!

I am a big believer in encouragement. I truly love to praise others and share that enthusiasm with everyone else. I am madly in love with the Aroma Team! They are like sisters to me. Over the next couple of days, I would like to introduce you to them and share with you just why they mean so much to me. Years ago (10 years, to be exact!), when Jeff became a Pastor, I didn't know quite where to put myself in the realm of his ministry, much less believing that I could have one of my own. God allowed me to fall flat on my face, so I would finally stop being stubborn and finally turn to Him for guidance. What He revealed to me was shocking and scared me out of my mind. He very clearly, in the living room of my home in Dillon, told me to begin teaching Bible studies! Ugh!! I must've been hearing things, because at the time, I never opened my mouth to speak to anyone because I was so scared. Ok, now... pick yourself up off the floor from shock. Yes, it's true. There actually used to be a time in my life that I did not talk. Up until I went away to college, my Mama pretty much spoke for me always. I was an extreme introvert! Ok, again! Pick yourselves up...that's just not nice...you are hurting my feelings! I know that I talk ALOT now, but look at it this way. God alone has done this in me. I just can't shut up when it comes to teaching women about Jesus and when it comes to building them up!
I take it so very seriously! Can't you tell? I don't like it one iota when I perceive someone doesn't want to be a part of allowing God to make them the woman He wants them to be, so they hide from any situations that might bring that about. I want women hanging out together, building one another up, and growing closer to Jesus together. God has shared so many female relationships in His word that show us our need for sisterhood. It makes us better women, wives, moms and friends. Women just identify with each other, don't they? So, you must understand my heart for seeing women grow in their walk with God and how long ago God gave me the honor and awesome responsibility to put my heart in seeing this come to be. Up until now, I have pretty much gone at it alone, all the while praying that God would bring other ladies to my attention that had a similar mindset as me. Well, folks, it's been a long road, but I believe with all my heart that He has answered the desires of my heart in forming this Aroma Team. Our team is not intended to be a clique, nor exclusive. It is to be a knitting together of many gifts and throwing them in the pot and getting the job done! Git 'er done, I said! Each lady carries a different heart for different ministries, and how I've loved watching them come into their own. I am so excited to have you know this team more. Some of you got to know them through the retreat and you saw firsthand the love they desire to pour into you. Allow me the honor of introducing to the rest of you...The AROMA TEAM!

No comments: