CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 21, 2008

He's Alive

Just wanted to take some time to encourage you to relect on what this weekend really means to you. I tell ya, being a part of The Witness last weekend was just what I needed to help me focus on what my Jesus did for me. I have found myself dwelling on it ever since. At the same time, why did it take that experience for me to dwell on it all? Oh, that I would remember the sacrifice that Jesus made for me each and everyday. It truly overwhelms me. I don't know of another time that makes such a mark on my life as Easter. I love Christmas and remembering the gift of God's son for all mankind, but it is Easter that brings me to my knees in such great humility for my Savior. He died for me! And I know that even if it was just me that was put on this earth, He still would've died for me! You know, it's hard to wrap your mind around that sometimes. If you are reading this today and you have never truly grasped just what Jesus did for you, take some time to ponder these things today. Not only did God send His one and only Son to die for us, but Praise the Lord, he rose again, too! We weren't left to be alone, but He gave us His Holy Spirit, "a counselor, to be with us forever...the Spirit of Truth." Ladies, we have been given it ALL. We have been offered love's perfect gift. It is always there for the taking. Choose it today. Maybe you are reading this and you needed to know today that someone was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for you and you want to know more. Well, it's your day because I want to tell you more! Inviting Jesus into your life to reign and rule is simple. The Bible says it just takes a "childlike faith." Don't go another day thinking you have to live this life on your own. He is waiting and ready for you today. It was 27 years ago this coming summer that I exerted that "childlike faith" and accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. What does a seven year old really know other than what is simple enough for them to understand? All I knew was that I felt alone and that something in my life was missing. Yes, my Daddy was (and is) a pastor. I was raised in a loving Christian home. I grew up in Church. All those things, of course, contributed to me wanting to know more about this Savior who had come to save me. It was, however, the steadfastness of a Sunday School teacher, who willingly, lovingly, and simply shared that "Jesus Loves Me" that ultimately made me realize that this was the gift. This was what was missing.
So, I dropped the guard of fear I possessed as a little seven year old girl and I went forward to tell anyone that would listen that I was accepting that gift. I wanted Jesus in my life. The road since has been full of bumps and it was a curvy road, but ultimately, ladies...I didn't do it alone. My Father, God, has always been there to guide me, to fill me up, to show me the way! I could've stopped right then when I invited Jesus into my life, but let me say...NO WAY, NO HOW! I don't want to stop. I want to live for Him, just like He lives for me! I want to KNOW Him. I want to SERVE Him. I want to TELL everyone about Him. Hey, He saved me! He wants everyone to know it! So, let Jesus be Lord of your life today. If you need someone that can help you, write me. It would be my honor today to introduce you to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Email me at jeffamy111@netzero.net