CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Thank You Jesus Responses

Thanks to some of you for responding to our Back Door Guests blog, in conjunction with our Thank You Jesus Party. You will find a couple of responses to the Back Door Guests in the comment section under the blog. A few of you wrote to show specific ways you show hospitality to others. Many said you go to lunch with others, write notes, pray for, invite over to your home, etc. Some made plans to specifically carry out an "extend your hand" to others act this week.
The overarching message I hope you take from this is that no matter what you do, or for whom you do it....I'll pause to borrow a popular slogan....Just Do It! We could get caught up in feeling left out or that no one includes us in their group, but the point is when everyone is extending a hand all around them, people don't get left out. The only warning would be in the process of all of this that you not put yourself in a clique, but rather you are always looking for opportunities to extend yourself to others that may not be a part of who you normally associate. If you think about it, it's easy to have people over to your home that you find it easy to connect to, but how about try inviting someone that's recently visited LifeSong. That may just be what they need.
It's in those times that I, personally, have really gotten to know someone a little better. The truth is, we need to work at this like busy little bees....everyone together. One person can't do this all by themselves. This is why I like to hear your testimonies...to see how we are succeeding at reaching out to others. It's easy to get caught up in thinking you are all alone sometimes, but when you hear the opportunities that God gives us individually, it's cause for a....help me out here....THANK YOU JESUS PARTY! So, press on, my friends. Let God continue to use you to build relationships that last.

Finally, I want to post a very profound response to our Thank You Jesus Party post. It specifically outlines just how great of a God we serve. It encouraged me and let in encourage you, too. This, my friends, is the real deal. Jane writes the following.....


"Since your Thank You Jesus Party blog I have been thinking about what I could write. I feel unqualified to even start, but here goes, I’ll step outside my very quiet, secure box …

Since the death of my husband in 1999, I have been feeling a little lost (really very lost). We had a lot going for us. He was in a managerial position that he worked very hard for, I was in my 26th year at my job, one child living on his own and one child graduating from high school. We had talked about retiring, playing golf, traveling to play golf and spending quality time together. He lived two years, 3 months after his diagnosis. I often wondered why him? Why not me? He was a good husband, father, manager and just a good person. He was always working, providing, making our life and the life of our community better. After his death, I knew I was missing something else, but didn’t know what. I grew up in the church so I thought I knew what church was about. In 2003 my grandson was born, my daughter divorced several years later, my mother had a stay in the hospital with several critical issues and then finally my son got married at 37! I dealt with each issue with prayer and God answered. I was invited to Life Song Church in the spring of 2007. I had tried several churches that had a different style of worship (not traditional as I had grown up in) but they just didn’t fit. I said OK, I’ll bring my grandson. He will love being there learning about God, Jesus, the Bible, etc. And, the rest is history. Thank you Jesus for showing me what church is really about…not just attending church, but how to show your love to everyone I come in contact with, even those who have hurt me.

I learned more in 2 months at Life Song than I learned in my 60 years of being. Thank you Jesus for Life Song, my pastors and my new friends."


Have a great weekend, Ladies. I love you wholeheartedly!

No comments: