CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Great job, Barbie!

A very big Thank You to Barbie George for doing an awesome job coordinating our Ladies' Coffee Connection yesterday! Although I was unable to be there due to a sick baby at home, all I have spoken with have been singing Barbie's praises. I am so very proud of Barbie and how she has taken her role of coordinator of this time very seriously. She truly cares about the lives of women and desires that we all foster relationships with one another. Some would like to argue that we do not have a need for a women's ministry, but I beg to differ. The responses of the women that attended yesterday are proof positive that women need relationships with other women. Titus 2 speaks very specifically to our need of having older women mentoring younger women. Have you ever taken a good look around? All of us are older than somebody! :) There is a whole world of women out there that is waiting for even one friend that will show them the love of Christ. I have loved sharing my heart this past week on my love and respect for my husband. He is my very best friend in this world, but I am also thankful for the female friendships that God has given me. Friends spur us on to be a better us, and it's times like Ladies' Coffee Connection that helps further build this atmosphere of love and trust for the sisters in Christ God has given us. If you are reading this today and you need to know that you are loved, let us show you that at LifeSong Church and in Aroma Women's Ministry. We simply want to show you the love of Christ and serve you in any way we can. We have another opportunity very soon for all of you moms of young children to get together and foster some relationships with each other, as well as for our children. Look for that information to come soon. Once again, Thank You Barbie for being obedient to all God is showing you. I look forward in the coming weeks, Ladies, of introducing you even further to the ladies I have the privilege to serve alongside in Aroma. I am going to give you a glimpse into who they really are, and you can see for yourself why I am so very proud of each of them!

No comments: