CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sometimes Life Hurts

Well, ladies...today's been one of those days. I started my day on the "right foot," if you know what I mean. I got up, took my kids to school, came home and got to work. I am doing a Bible study with my husband for the next seven weeks, so I studied that so that he and I could talk about it later, and something in it today motivated me to show my man how much I love him, so off I went to clean the car out. You do know that this is a spiritual gift, right? When you clean the car out for your man, trust me...he likes that. I am pretty sure it ranks right up there with making him a steak dinner. Men just respond to the weirdest things! OK, anyway, where was I going with this? Oh yea, my day was going really well. I was getting some things accomplished. After I cleaned the car, I finally hung some curtains in my house. If you have ever been to our house, we've lived here almost three years and never hung a single curtain. It was kind of on purpose because I like the sunlight streaming in, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to spruce up the place some, so I hung curtains. I tell ya...I was having a great day. I had music blaring and I was singing, and maybe a little dancing, too. Boy, was I having a ball! But, just like life can be sometimes, things come to a screeching halt!!!!! Bam! That good day can turn to bad...that smile turns upside down to a frown and someone has to go and ruin your day. Well, that happened to me today. I went to the grocery store and got what I needed to get fairly quickly and just like that, someone comes by and doesn't have a nice thing to say. No details here, but it hurt me...it hurt me "real bad," as my Bailey likes to say.
Now, I don't know why people can be mean, but I do know it happens. What do we do when life comes crashing down with a big dose of reality? As the somewhat "fad" of years ago would say, we ask ourselves WWJD, or "what would Jesus do?" I know you are sitting there thinking, "now I know Amy, and she is not one to get her opinion or her mind to herself, so I bet she got whoever that was that hurt her." Well, guess what? I DID!!! :) Yep, I got 'em alright...got with........(drumroll please).........KINDNESS! Did I want to? No! I wanted to rip them apart, but there it was...that gentle, small voice of God telling me to represent Him.
So, I kindly smiled and went my way and thanked God for being my Guide. I don't know about you, ladies, but that's hard sometimes to live life, huh? Today, I am thankful, though, for a God who knows me and loves me, that He seeks to keep me on a right path, if only I let Him.
How about you? How's life going for you? Maybe it's time to let God steer awhile. We wear a lot of hats as ladies and we get very tired, don't we? Let Him guide you today, and tomorrow and the next day, too. I can tell you, as I write this, my heart still hurts, but I am not sitting here all in a tizzy because I lashed out, but rather, in a somewhat "perfect peace" because I chose today to let God be my guide. Hey, let Him be yours, too. Whatever it is you face, He is enough.

No comments: