CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Aaaaah!!!

Don't you just love those times in life where you feel filled up? Lots of things bring that about into our lives...like a really good meal that satisfies, or how about a night out with friends to watch a movie or just hang out? Last night at our "This Night...A Night to Reach Our Community" we felt that same filling up! I thank Susan High for coming last night to not only bless us through her words and encouragement, but she also challenged us. Don't we have an inclination to always categorize our sin, and also to stay stuck in our past? The truth of it is, however, is that we just all sin! Not one is worse than another, but they all break God's heart, and please...the effect that it has on us is suffocating, isn't it? I feel like we are being challenged on every front lately to "rise above" this. God is wanting us to live victoriously, to grasp hold of the promises that He has given us (and believing that He is truly going to give them to us!). I don't know a whole lot, really. I know this, though. Something has got to shift in our thinking. Why are we staying rooted and stuck in believing that once we mess up that God wants nothing else to do with us. I think our response to people when they have messed up has certainly messed up the way we view God. This one thing I know is that people are going to fail me. They just are. God, however, is not ever going to fail me. We have got to start loving the sinner. I sin everyday and I need you to love me. Let's start showing the sinner that God loves them, and stop just saying it. That is when we are going to start seeing victory in their life, and even in ours. When you keep hearing this over and over, don't you just wonder why it's the train of thought lately, or the subject of many a sermon, or a Bible study? Hellllloooooooo???? God is wanting us to pay attention to this. So, my prayer is that we will grasp hold of it and believe it. Let's start making some changes ladies, and realize that you can praise Jesus in it all! I'm posting the song that we praised Jesus to last night. Take some time to praise Him freely....go grab a flag if you have to!!! :)
Revelation Song (Just click on the link)

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Good morning Amy. I wanted to write and say that last night was a blessing as well as a "toe stomper". It's amazing how much we can learn about ourselves, or at least I can learn about myself, when listening to someone like Susan High. She is so devoted to those precious girls and and her love for God is evident. When that lady, Michelle, sang last night I honestly got God bumps! Oh the Spirit was definitely with us last night and I thank Him for allowing me to be a part of it! Love you, Marsha