CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Got Idols?

Last night we began our study "No Other Gods" for our next Women's Bible Study. A flood of emotions came over me as I watched 33 women enter the cafe to participate in this journey over the next three weeks. As they entered the room, I heard most all introduce themselves to one another, everyone enjoying fellowship over food, and many were anxious to look through their new book. There seemed to be an excitement in the air as we got together for the first time. I believe that God ordains each day with a purpose, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God ordained yesterday be a day that we gather together to begin this new journey together. I want to encourage you, ladies, to stand firm and stay committed. I want the very best for you, and deeply desire to see you soar over these next 8 weeks, so that you can soar for a lifetime! Know you are being prayed for and prayed over. We are seeking God's favor on your behalf, and we pray with great anticipation that God is, and will, do something extraordinary in your life! Seek God today with renewed purpose and vigor. We found out last night that we all have some sort of idol in our lives, but we were challenged to make God the one and only object of our affection. Memorize the verse that the study is based on, "They worshiped God, yet they served their own idols." (2 Kings 17:33) Seek today to change that in our lives, that we might say "We worship and serve our God." I love you deeply. Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments: